Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
markpogue

[;)]Well it's not a tractor but it is handy.

markpogue
Wanted one since I was a kid. Bought it on EBAY last year. Actually Robin, Real close to your location, Florence, Al. It is a neat toy and will do a great deal of work also! I have a dozer blade as well as te dump bucket that is on it in the picture. I am thinking of building a loader and backhoe for it next winter.

markpogue
Dave, The one behind is a 332 JD with a Yanmar Diesel. Not seen but also behind it is a MF Skid Steer and a 616 AC that I think I will restore even though I really bought it for a parts machine. If you look in my picture gallery you can see my 616 AC with Brantly backhoe and front dozer blade. Robin, My oldest Grandson (2) can.t stay off of it

KSever
That dozer on EBay belongs to SmilinSam and at the moment is still up for bid. [url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20544&item=2330818045[/url] [img]http://ebay1.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_075238bc3ec9550d1eec19e1fbbbd7fa/i-1.JPG[/img]

markpogue
Peter, I have been impressed with it so far. If you can get enough traction it will move whatever you want. I talked with the service guy Warren at Struck and he said this one was almost to stromg. The ones they make now are hydrostatic drive and have a relief valve so you can't destroy the final drive. He cautioned me to be careful or I will be tearing down the tranny to replace shear pins. I had to have a new well pump put in right after our big freeze here in NC. the pipe to the house froze and the tank and pressure switch are under the house. Results of the pump dead heading all night was a pump that would only make about 20PSI. To make a long story short. The guy stuck his service truck in the yard and I got out the Struck. They had a good laugh and told me their truck was about 25K lbs. I put a old tire between the dozer blade and their bumper then lifted the blade slightly to add down pressure to the tracks and with the 18 horse briggs at about half throttle I pushed them right out. It was not funny then, but a real nice thing to have and they wanted one.