Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity/Allis-Chalmers patents

Nick

I was looking at the patents that were issued for my B-110, I got the numbers off a fabric sticker on the top right hand side of the dash, I was quite surprised it was still there after all these years. Looking at the patents on the US Patent Office website, None of the drawings actually look like the B-110. Here are the patent numbers. The link below is a search feature. 2801510 2869304 2924928 3118266 [url]http://patft.uspto.gov/netahtml/srchnum.htm[/url] I noticed on patent # 2924928 that it was patented by Simplicity, I thought Allis-Chalmers owned Simplicity? or was it the other way around?

Simplicity was owned by Simplicty Then was bought by Allis Chalmers Then Was bought back by Simplicity It is all in the history posted on the simpletrACtors site Your B-110 was built by Simplicity for Allis Chalmers Corp. Allis Chalmers Bought Simplicity around 1970-71 i belive could be wrong on dates.

quote:
Originally posted by UCD
Simplicity was owned by Simplicty Then was bought by Allis Chalmers Then Was bought back by Simplicity It is all in the history posted on the simpletrACtors site Your B-110 was built by Simplicity for Allis Chalmers Corp. Allis Chalmers Bought Simplicity around 1970-71 i belive could be wrong on dates.
I must have skipped over that section, or probably read it, and forgot it. Thanks UCD.

quote:
Originally posted by Nick Stanchak
Looking at the patents on the US Patent Office website, None of the drawings actually look like the B-110.
It was probably a universal patent applying to all tractors. Notice when the patents were submitted...the '50s...the B-110 did not exist then.