Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

maddog57

Bettendorf Tractors........

maddog57
I picked up a Bettendorf 2-wheeler about 1 1/2 yrs ago and give it to my oldest son to play with. a couple of wks ago, a friend of mine picked one up at a farm sale (We thought we had the only one).They have about a 3 hp Clinton(?),12 in. tires,the mechanism for putting it in gear is to thro a lever and move the motor up and away from the drive to tighten the belt. The one we have came with a dozer blade and the other one came with a home made sulky and plow. My big ???? is...does any one know anything about these tractors or have any paperwork on them that they would share. According to a gal that is doing research work on the Bettendorf Iowa area for their museum, has no info on or about them or the Bettendorf Co. even tho it is marked as being made there. Some one please help.......Thanks

CaseyM
Don't know about Bettendorf Tractor but the method for moving the engine to tighten the belt sounds like the Rototiller which became Troy Bilt method. I have one of the old Rototiller brand rototillers with a Clinton 4 HP engine. Clinton is just up the river from Bettendorf in Iowa. For what its worth. Casey

maddog57
Thanks Casey,we knew about the clintons,but this is a regular 2 wheel garden tractor. One thing that I forgot to put in is that the hitch for it is like a big C that has a piece of tube about 1 1/2 in dia. to hook up the attach. on the back.My son and I put another carb on it today and got her runnin again. As soon as I figure out how to post pics, I'll put a couple of them on here. If ya hear of anything on them, please let me know. Thanks again, Mike & Michael