Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Briggs Flywheel Polarity

johnmonkey

OK my apologies for bringing this up AGAIN but what is the process for changing the polarity in an existing flyheel? I am getting my 10 hp briggs rebuilt and want to add electronic ignition. The man said I needed a new flywheel that has the correct polarity (for an extra $200.00). I told him that I thought that you could send it out to B&S factory and they will re-polarize it in the correct way. How much will it cost to do the job and what is the adress to B&S??? Thanks for any and all help, John H PS I did a search using the following terms... "Polarity, electronic ignition,and briggs flywheel???

Try this and read down. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18188&SearchTerms=magnetron

John, He must have been charging $200 for postage to Briggs and Stratton.[:0] Because B&S will do the repolorizing at no charge and send it back postage paid.

He said it was for a new flywheel. He did not know that briggs would do the repolarization. I must add that the shop is run by a group of Mennonite (similar to the Amish of Pa.) they are located in southern Md. they do not use electricity or have telephones. I'm sure they will be surprised about the information. People from all over bring their small engines to them! JH