Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

mowerman1193

Tiller Stopped Turning???

mowerman1193
Was tilling the garden this spring and the tiller on the Landlord stopped spining.At the time I did'nt have time to mess with it so I just put it away and got the Broadmoor out to finish up the garden... I checked it out a little more as I thought it might be a belt slipping or something...Now I am puzzled a little..The tines spin fine until I lower it down to the dirt then the tines stop but the PTO pulleys are moving fine..I never heard any funny noises or anything when it stopped... I thought maybe someone might have a idea before I start taking it apart...

JBLACK
Check your pulley on the tiller the shaft may be turning inside it. set screw backed out on the pulley ?, key loose? it happened to me once thought I broke something inside:I John

mowerman1193
Thanks for the tips,I will check out the pulley's and see if that might be the problem... Bunky,there was a bolt that came part way out.I can't remember what one it was right off hand but I think it had a grease fitting on the other end of it...