Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B-1 Color? (Not a paint question)

PatRarick

After seeing MDB photos of his B-1 restoration, I was thinking of my B-1. What is the actual color of the B-1? Were they produced in two different colors? Couldn't find anything in a search, but all the photos of B-1's show the tractor as yellow. Mine is more of a light "butterscotch" color. It was repainted at one time, but the original(?) paint that shows up where the repaint has peeled, is also a butterscotch color, though a different shade than the repaint. Anyone know the story here? Pat

I know what you mean, my B1 is also more of the butterscotch color than yellow it`s still the original paint the deck is the same shade.

Pat, John, I know what you mean, my B1 was also more of a "butterscotch" color, I think part of it is paint fade. The reason I painted mine the color I did is because I only want one shade of yellow paint to deal with. With a B1, late B10, and B110 plus any future aquasitions...;):D I chose to use the same color that I painted my Late B10 with, that way just one shade of yellow to keep on hand...:D8D

Butterscotch sounds about right. Mine is that color although the spots not exposed to sunlight are brighter than the rest of it which is faded. The B-1 color is my favorite.