Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Tom_Byrne

Wife draws the line- B207 Allis on eBay

Tom_Byrne
Had to happen sooner or later.... Saw the B207 on eBay and wanted to bid on it. I see very few Allis tractors in my area and this one looked pretty good, and right in my town too. Tried to tell my wife it would be a good addition and she didn't buy it. Four is enough[:0]! I countered with "but none of them are yellow" and she was unmoved. Oh well, I can't really complain because she NEVER said no before. Looks like a nice little unit too:(. Figured I'd pass it along- auction ends today.http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2330288747&category=43562

JoeJ
Tom, I found the B-210 along the way to my work, it was mabey 5 miles from home. And yea, I got "Do you really need ANOTHER one" But dang it, was my $50!! hehehe I'll take her to the plant store next weekend, bet she goes way past $50!!! BTW!!! Was a Simplicity on a lawn very close to here for sale too. But had better sence to stop and ask. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/JoeJ/joej_sig2.gif[/img]

MDB
quote:
Originally posted by pacodiablo
quote:
Originally posted by stormy2163
I would like to have it but to far away as usual. Stormy
I often have the same problem.
Stormy, Paco, Why don't you check in the transportation forum, maybe you could work something out that way:) http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=17

andy gartner
Yes Sir, Let's start the great debate. Heck, if PacoD, is finished getting spanked, we can have some fun again. Divorce rate 52%. I get up happy in the morning, sleep well at night, and no one tells me how to spend my money. Like the phone, "I pay for, that solicitors try to use, to make money for themselves." That 1986 Simplicity 4208 I just bought, loves it's new home, now that it runs, cuts grass, and no longer sits, waiting patiently, rusting away, outside. Yup, cleaned it up, brought it right inside the house, so no mud wasps or mice would get to it. Asked a friend 'for their OPINION' if I should buy it, and after hearing NO...bought it. So far, if it holds-one of best tractors I've bought. It comes down to money. Do you have the money. In life, it's the things we don't do, that hold our greatest regrets. Peter Egan, a Wisconsin bike collector/writer, often writes of his purchases, and how he gets them past his wife Barb. Quite humerous. Probably has a few bikes stached at friend's houses, he'll work into the inventory latter. Like the sign in, Baker Bill's bakery, "Life is short, eat dessert first."

Scott Salmons
I guess that is why I have managed to stay single for 13 years. The only people I have to justify it to is me. And the morgage company, Oh and the credit union, and maybe the tax man and..... Now I'm DEPRESSEDxx(

KSever
Last tractor I bought on EBay I told the wife I was buying it to restore for her Dad:D. After I got it home she says you really want to give that tractor to my Dad because it really is nice? So I gently but eagerly said well I could use it to mow the grass instead of the Landlord I just finished restoring. She says that's a good idea;)

Bunky
Lucky for me my wife doesn't go out to the polebarn very often so I can drag them home and when she does go out there Most the time she doesn't even notice....... But I have been caught..... LOL

simplicity707
When I want to bring home another mower, I have problem with my parents. They said four riders is enough. Sigh! It's better than this time last year, they said NO riders at all. Oh well.

Agricola
Now the secret, as I see it, is to sneak the tractor in. Say you are storing it for a friend.... Say you are working on it for a friend... Yeah, like that would work. How come I don't find any $50 Simplicities in Illinois?

KSever
John, Heck Illinois is where I get most of my tractors, last one I got for FREE just had to drive about 300 miles to pick it up. But it was a parts tractor I needed to finish another tractor. The one before that was $25. You just have to keep your eyes open.

B-1 Allis Chalmers
i just drag one home and once i get i their my parents don't make me get rid of it becuse i ask them what am i soposed to do go back and tell them my pareants think its a pice of junk and you have to take it back becuse i all ready have to many some times i take them to my frinds house i have more their than i do at my house

Kent
All I can say is "outta sight, outta mind" really helps out... It's certainly nice to be able to stick two, three or more under the barn totally outta sight, in dark places inhabited by spiders and such... :D