Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Need part for Broadmoor

pofarm

I have a '75 3008 Broadmoor. The right side plate that the pivot rod is connected to broke.:( It has been welded, but has broken again. I would like to just replace it if I can find one. Does anyone have one that will fit my mower? Thanks.

If you can e-mail a pic of what it is you need ,I may have it on an old broadmoor(it had markings on it that I couldnt see before) that I found in the PILE out back.I'm not very familiar with those tractors but if it is what you need, we can work out something.

Do you mean a 1975 5008 Broadmoor 8HP? There was no 3008 Simplicity Broadmoor. There was a 728, then 738, then the 5008/5010 series.

There is a 1975-76 3008 Broadmoor. I had one that I used for a parts tractor. I'll have to look and see if I still have that part your asking about.

I tried to get a picture of it but it is too hidden. Here is a picture from the owner's manual for it. It is part number 74. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/pofarm/Pict0038.JPG[/img]

Man, I got it all goofed up! Anyway, I tried to post a scan of the part from the owner's manual but it didn't work. I used the attach icon. ? This is the plate that connects the rear housing to the front frame via the pivot rod. The idler pulley for the tranny belt is attached to this plate, also.

1975 there's a 3008-Wonderboy, Rider and Grabber mfg no. 1690012, 1690090, and 1690128. Broadmoor 5008/5010. At the Simplicity link are parts and owner's manuals. Above is what they show for a 3008. Maybe you have one of those secret experimental factory Broadmoors.

I have a similar plate from an AC.Homesteader8 if any one knows if it will fit, I will part with it. John

I'm not certain but I think any right side plate from the Broadmoor 727 up through the System 5000 Series Broadmoors and some of the Yeomans and the Homesteader 8 will fit the mfg. no. 1690090 System 3008 Broadmoor.

As gregc has posted, it is a 1690090 System 3008 Broadmoor. If anyone knows what parts will cross from what other models, I'd appreciate if they'd jump in here. Andy, check this out. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/portal_External.asp?LinkID=57&CatTitle= Type in 1690090 then click on English operator's manual.

That must be a rare Broadmoor,I have never heard of one either...When I seen 3008 I was thinking of the rear engine rider...I have several of those parts from the older Broadmoors like 707,717 and 727.If you find that they are the same and you still need one send me a message..

Well Mowerman and Pofarm, Downloaded the SYSTEM 3008 FRONT ENGINE RIDER English Manual to compare to my Broadmoor manuals and parts. It actually looks and smell like an 8 HP Broadmoor w/a 36" deck, but it has tiny little tires front and rear. And I can't find anywhere in the manual where they refer to it as a Broadmoor. It's not in the 1964-1976 Broadmoor Big Book Parts Catalogue either. But, Pofarm is correct, it sure looks like a B-moor and many parts seem to be the same, gonna check some nos. Those ol'tricksters at the factory tried to pull one on us Mowerman, and slip in a B-moor looking FRONT ENGINE RIDER!!!

Greg That's great news for Pofarm. B-moor parts should work for his System 3008 Front Engine Rider. How much are those repair manuals, need to get one. Thanks

Well I finally looked at my Broadmoor manual and sure enough the 3008 is on the cover. Now I have a question...Seens it is a system 3008 and was built in 75 does it have the longer frame like the 5008 & 5010?

quote:
Originally posted by mowerman1193
does it have the longer frame like the 5008 & 5010?
I couldn't tell you. This is my first Simplicity. They aren't easy to find around here (SW MO).

Andy, I don't remember how much I paid for my manual. I have CRS problems sometimes. You can download the manual here for free: http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_500_569_00_BM_S.pdf

Well Boys, I stand corrected. Sure enough, there it is, the 3008 in the Broadmoor Repair Manual, bright as day, and obviously more than me! And Greg, you're some kind of Greek god in my book, for getting me into to Broadmoor Repair Manual link. When I go there, I can only download owner's and parts manuals. Thanks for your time and trouble, much appreciated, I'll have some big reading tonight! A

Andy This site has all the Manuals you could ever want. This will require some time and effort on your part Use Part# 100,200,300, ETC. to 900.Then you will have to scroll thought the list to find the one you want. They all have discriptions. All of the repair manuals are here. Part# 100 OPERATOR'S MANUALS Part# 200 INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS,OPERATOR'S MANUALS Part# 300 DEALER SETUP INSTRUCTIONS Part# 400 PARTS MANUALS Part# 500 REPAIR MANUALS Part# 600 Safety Section,INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS Part# 700 Neutral Adjustment Guide,Electrical Information Manual, Product Service Bulletin Book Part# 800 Misc. Part# 900 Service Bulletin Book,Limited Warranty Simplicity Technical Publications Document Search Engine. http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/v_techpubsearch.php

Well Maynard, Thank you too! Like that line from the movie, "Field of Dreams," Is this heaven? I'm in manual heaven! Pofarm keep tugging you'll get'r loose. Thanks A

Well, the pivot is fixed and the plate rewelded. I think it will hold up now that the pivot is doing it's job. Time will tell. Thanks to all for your help and offers of a replacement plate. I will keep you all in mind if it breaks again.