Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

members???

dav

I have placed a want ad in the classifieds. I got some replys right away. Being just a little paranoid, I want to see what I can find out about these potential sellers. But they dont show up in the members list. Dont they have to be members of the club to use the classifieds? I have done some buying on the net and never been burned but it was with big business stores or thru paypal which afford a feeling of protection. I did use my regular email address, thinking that I could screen anyone thru the club member profiles since that is the only place I posted the ad. Am I thinking wrong or just using the club wrong?

Kent, thank you for explaining that to me. Quite simply, really. Alan, I typed you in as two words when I went looking for your profile. Oops.

I have made many transactions through the classifieds here both buying and selling. Have yet to be burned, as in lost $. Have had a couple of couple of younger members say they wanted something I had for sale and not come through with the $. One in particular said he wanted everything I posted for awhile and know that he did the same thing to a couple of other members. Kind of irritating but did not lose any $ or sleep over it. Brent

As I said, I'm a little- just a little- paranoid. So I'm glad that I was able to find Alan's profile. It doesnt tell me a whole lot about him and it doesnt guarantee that things will work out right but I feel more comfortable knowing a little about the seller. The other person offering what I want is still a mystery and apparently not a member. So I decided to go with the club member. Thanks

I bought a right hand panel for the B-110 from member Dan, Rokon2813 And I a purchased a Briggs blower housing from member Chris, I don't remember his member name. I forgot! Both deals went through without a problem.

I got parts for an Ac 410 from RAHUBBARD. A gastank a steering collum that have been paid for and a hood latch that I am getting the casher check for tomarow. My buddy Charlie who's tractor it is still can't beleve how quick we have been able to do this. Or how helpfull all of the members have been.

Dav I can understand your concerns. I made my first purchase a couple months back from a member and ended up paying 159.00 for an electric lift that was defective. I do believe that my buying experience is definitely the exception and not the rule. I like to think that most folks are honest especially the group we have here.

Dave, If you can find them when they post, you can click on the profile icon and read what they have said about themselves. Try mine. Dan

I had a member to send me a gas tank for price of shipping.That would be (JP) in which I have not paid at this time(please don't throw stones at me):D.I did email him to tell him I haven't fogotten him.I just gotta get into the city to pickup a gift certificate to send with payment to show my appreciation.He told me he wouldn't send Uncle Vito just yet.:D:D:D

I have had no problems with purchases at all. My only pet peave is that some members do not place their adress (or home state) when you click on "member profile". I could see not putting in your adress, but I see no problem with putting in your home state. I like to see where people are from, just in case ther is a tractor or parts for sale I would like to know if the sellers are close or not. JH

With a security/law enforcement background, I always wonder just what people are hidding?? I'm with you, can't see any reason not to disclose not just what state a member is from but the city also. With computers on line you can just about find anyone anyway LOL. Not to want to disclose ones actual address I can understand. Dan