Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

When the toys go south..

MPH

Fired up the 112 today to mow the grass, about 30 min the old belt gave up. THANK YOU Sandy Lake for getting my new one here this week. Got that going and about 20 more min blew the right front tire, Happen to have an unfinished 725 project waitting for me, rob tire, finish mowing... To all the wives who say the ole man does't need that 'good deal next door',,,,Hey, you just never know when you need a part on sunday afternoon...have a good week all..MPH

I agree! I have been to the point of buying a throwaway just for mowing. But can you imagine what they would be like after 35 years.[:0]

some throw aways dont look too bad after 30 plus years but I imagine it was taken very good care of....

Same thing here. Flat tire and couldn't get it fixed saturday :(! I have new wheels & tires for my cultivators and grabbed a couple of them and put on the 9020. Put both on being they are smaller and reset the deck. The flat wasn't fixed yet :(at the gas station but I got my fiancee's yard mowed plus mine :D Now I'm converting a ATV mounted sprayer with 10' booms to 3-point on the 720. You always need some thing to borrow parts from being most of our yard work is on the weekends. Doesn't hurt to have a spare :D tractor or two :D:Dfor backup!