Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
SgtBob

Hydraulic lift problem on an AC

SgtBob
....After the following "surgery", I have experienced only the following (1) problem. Could use some advice. Had an AC 712H/elec lift with bad motor. Also bought a real clean AC 919H/hyd lift with broken bevel gear box. Solution...combine 712 "rear half" to the front of the 919. The graft worked great..had to take out the plugs from the 712H hydro unit to attach the front remote hyd lines used for lifting implements on the 919H. Looks like it came from the factory...all done properly w/servicing to ANYTHING that moved, rotated, or needed fluids or a filter. The hyd lift will now not lift the deck or the front blade w/o "some" assistance. It WILL hold the implement at any level desired once you lift it there. Did all the usual things to check the lift, purge air, etc...The hydrostat units "appeared" identical, the lift worked okay before the graft, and I had not had any previous problems with the hstat unit when it was on the 712H. So I added some remote lines for a lift to it...shouldn't be a problem, Right?...If I haven't confused you all by now, I could use some advice...Thanks....SgtBob.............

UCD
The Valveing in the hydrostatic units for a electric or manual lift tractor are different than on a hydrostatic unit with hydraulic lift. all you have to do is change the relief valves. It has been talked about many times here. Do a search.

Dutch
Your 712H doesn't have part numbers 30, 31, or 53 behind the plug (Group 54). Number 32 (Group 33) may also be different. There are also 2 different pump assemblies. If it were me, I'd use the entire unit from the 919H. (Easy swap) Some guys may suggest you just stretch or shim the #32 spring. The problem with doing that is you will raise the pressure in the entire system. Group 33 pressure is low (drive). Group 54 pressure is high (lift). [img]/club2/attach/dutch/hydro-valves.jpg[/img]

SgtBob
...Okay, first, thanks to all of you for your speedy replies. Where in the heck did guys get this kind of quick info before the net came about? Not to digress, but I got a hard to find exhaust manifold for an AC5020 through a contact on the net.(I own/ed)other AC's also. As for the hstat problem. I took a look at the manuals for both. The simmple/best solution would be to install the 919 relief valve assy...group #35...right? Changing the complete unit?...probably the right thing to do, but there are 2 other projects awaiting my attention. As for the parts...here's my "other" situation. The 712H had a nice snowblower. It won't obviously work off of the front of the 919H. There's no type of front implement drive off of the motor to utilize. The 712H had the clutch/pulley assy to drive off of the Kohler 12. No way I can see to pull this off on the 19 Kohler twin, not to mention there's no lever built in to the right side of the "tunnel" to actuate a front implement. Well... thought I'd try to find a nice 712H on this site to use exclusively for the snowblower. If I can't...hmmmm..buy a new Simplicity walk behind..maybe. I have some nice stuff left from the operation....sheetmetal(nice)..don't know about that pedestal thought...etc...Would like to give it some time to find a 712H in the classified's. Not sure what range of tractors had that type of front implement drive?...712h thru ?? a 912H?...really don't know.....Oh, and it's gotta be orange(It's an AC thing!)...............BobT(upstate NY)....I should drop the SGT stuff...just finished outta the reserves w/23 on the books.......

Dutch
The 919H used the center PTO to power the snowthrower via a long belt. If you replace the 712H 2 pulley hitch with a 919H one pulley hitch, the 712H snowthrower will work. Also, you have to use the center PTO from the 919H because the pivot shaft is different. Read the details at the bottom of this link > http://www.simpletractors.com/do_it/snowthrower_hitch.htm

CarlH
Most AC 900 and Simplicity 7100 tractors drive the snowblower from the same PTO that drives the mower deck. This requires a different, single pulley snowblower hitch. Since you used your 712H rearend, you don't have the proper idler assembly for that setup though. You probably can convert to the 900 style by using the left rear frame plate and idlers from your 919. There are threads (and a how-to by Dutch(?) about this subject on the site.

SgtBob
...CarlH, good tip on the conversion...really don't want to pull this tractor apart..again..to put that side plate on. I guess I'm looking for an excuse to get another tractor solely for the snowblower. If I don't I'll have a nice 712H hood, seat deck, 919 rear-hstat w/side plates(minus that relief valve you guys told me to switch),712 dash w/wiring harness, electric lift, new 12HP rod and piston, etc. Don't have a good feel yet as for the odds of finding a 712-14H at this site. OH, and that 712 snowblower also..............Bob T

UCD
Bob That snowblower will fit all of the large frame tractors and most of the small frame tractors with the correct hitch. Don't get nervous and spend money that you don't have to.

SgtBob
...Good point. If I'm not totally confused, there's no easy way to drive that front snowblower from the mid-mount pto(originally from the 712). Unlike the 712 books I've got, the 919 books don't show hookup/ops/parts to help me figure out how to "make it happen". By the way, the relief valve-increase the pressure swap worked perfect....Thanks...Bob T.

UCD
Use the mid mount pto pulleys and Cone clutch from the 919. and find a MFG# 1690557 Snow blower hitch. The 1690557 hitch is the one pulley hitch for the mid mount PTO. You can rebuild the BGB by using the good parts from both boxes and the shaft and the cone clutch from the 919.