Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Husky 1054

McGill

Anybody know anythingabout a Husky 1054? Saw one along the road for sale. Looked pretty good has a 10hp Wisconsin.

I have a Huskee 16.5 hp.It's a MTD but it has been a good one,no problems so far and handles real well.I think Bolens,MTD same thing..not sure but beleive it is.I'm not familiar with a 10 hp must be a older model i give $1099.99 for mine at the local Tractor Supply Company Stormy

I found a 1050 this spring with a deck and a snowblower. The attachments are shaft driven from under the front axle. It seems like a tough old tractor, 3 speeds forward with high and low range. The linkage that holds the deck on seems kind of complicated and worn but it seemed to cut ok. The tractor isn't as easy to handle as my 2010 in tight turns but the 1050 is still a neat old tractor. I'd say if the price is right go for it.

OK! What's a fair price? Looks and runs well and comes with a parts tractor and snow blower.

I bought a Bolens 1254 last year. It came with a mower, blower, tiller and broken connecting rod. I found a place to get the engine parts I needed which will run me $200.00. The rod is only available .020 or .030 under-size and the piston is only available .020 or .030 over-size. Must be that all the standard size parts are gone for the old 1960's Wisconsin engines. Consider boring and grinding, the full over-haul, I would have over $600.00 in the engine. It is not that important to me to have an original engine so I will not stick that kind of money into it. What I did get is an 18 HP Honda V twin that I will be putting into the 1254 [1854] If all goes good. I couldn't pass up this deal, after all I could use this engine more than I could that old 2 row John Deere corn planter I traded or it.

The guy I bought the 1050 from said he had just put 125.00 into the tractor and he wanted 200.00 for the tractor,deck and snowblower. I figured it was well worth that for a good running 10 hp wisconsin engine alone and maybe trading material in the future.