Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Ryan

Sickle bar pulley and bracket

Ryan
Does anybody have an extra bracket and pulley that bolts to the tractor that the cable rides in, or even a drawing and the diameter of the pulley? I am wanting to mount the sicklebar on my B-110 and I am missing this piece. The sickle bar I have is an AC and is the same as the Simplicity model 402. Thanks, Ryan

HubbardRA
DaddyCat published pictures of one that was on his tractor some time back, but I can't find the link. It looked like the cable pulley from a garage door would be perfect size.

GregB
Ryan, Do a search including the archives on sickle bar, try using with and with out the space. Some time ago Dutch posted a good drawing of a conversion of a old style to a cable lift set-up. In the drawing is the part # for the pulley, cable etc, also a picture of what the bracket should look like. If you down load the parts list manual from simplicity it will have the part numbers also. Last check the pulley was still available. GregB

BillC
The pulley you refer to according to my #785 sickle bar owner's manual is part #101115, which I believe has been replaced by part #172725, which is the same pulley used with tractors with mower lift cables and is still available. The pivot pin is part #102004. The bracket is no longer available. If you are unable to find one you can fabricate and weld one.

Dutch
Bill's right..... use mower deck lift parts. Here's a photo of a bracket I made, and a sketch with the part numbers. Also, Tim Nahrwold bought a load of parts a few months ago. Two or three of those brackets were included. Maybe he'll sell one. [img]/club2/attach/dutch/cable-conversion.jpg[/img]