Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

How do I ..........

mongson

How do I adjust the brakes on my tractor. Yes it is a newer Regent, but I am sure that someone out here would kow what to do. My machine no longer stops on a dime. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

OK. 84 people have looked at this and no one knows how to adjust the brakes?? Surely there is some bodger out there who has done this before. Anyone? I am supposed to mow tonight and I would like to have the adjustments made. Thanks.:)

I don't have a clue, but Maynard's link to Simplicity Tech Pub's should allow you to download the service manual if it isn't in the operator's manual.

I dont have a clue either but if I didnt have a manual I would start at the pedal and follow it back to see what is there and what can be adjusted.

quote:
Originally posted by mongson
OK. 84 people have looked at this and no one knows how to adjust the brakes?? Surely there is some bodger out there who has done this before. Anyone? I am supposed to mow tonight and I would like to have the adjustments made. Thanks.:)
The "84" signifies hits, not different readers. There may only be a few readers that keep coming back because they would like to know the answer too. Considering that this forum does not a 24 hour on-call staff, when I'm up against a deadline I usually just open the repair manual and read it myself.

I'd try to help you, but I don't know anything about the newer mowers. In fact I've never seen one up close. My newest is a 1977.

This site has all the Manuals you could ever want. This will require some time and effort on your part Use Part# 100,200,300, ETC. to 900.Then you will have to scroll thought the list to find the one you want. They all have discriptions. All of the repair manuals are here. Part# 100 OPERATOR'S MANUALS Part# 200 INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS,OPERATOR'S MANUALS Part# 300 DEALER SETUP INSTRUCTIONS Part# 400 PARTS MANUALS Part# 500 REPAIR MANUALS Part# 600 Safety Section,INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS Part# 700 Neutral Adjustment Guide,Electrical Information Manual, Product Service Bulletin Book Part# 800 Misc. Part# 900 Service Bulletin Book,Limited Warranty Simplicity Technical Publications Document Search Engine. http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/v_techpubsearch.php