Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
pacodiablo

Oil Sump Won't Come Off

pacodiablo
I got the engine out of the tractor (a pain because of the belts) and took all of the bolts off the oil sump. I tried to take off the pully, but could not because I could not get the bolt to move without turing the pully which turned the piston. What can I do to get the oil sump off? What is it sticking on?

BLT
You need to get the pulley off first before sump cover will come off. Holding the pulley either with a strap wrench or a pipe wrench on the narrow part, you should get bolt to loosen on the crankshaft. Then try tapping down the pulley (not on the grooves)to get it to slide off. You might also have to heat it up to get it off. Then getting sump cover off is a breeze. A few taps all around will loosen cover.

pacodiablo
What type of puller do I need? I tried using a strap wrench and socket wrench to get the bolt of but the thing will not move. I looked in the manual, which did not help..."remove the pully" - yeah, that helps a lot.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• MARK (LI)
    • Homiet16
    • CarlH
    • SmilinSam
    • reerg1
    • deebig
    • TTDE419
    • PhanDad
    • Ian C
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Ole Settler
      Ole Settler
      (71 years old)
  • Recent Status Updates

• jbrooks

jbrooks  »  Talntedmrgreen

Josh

folowing  this from a link at the downloads.  I just rescued an AC 920 with the lambodini diesel. I can' t download  yet .  Where did you find the PDF copy you posted. . I would like to figure out how to adjust the injection pump. 
      I assume it's a bosche, correct
      · 0 replies
    • dav-1

dav-1  »  Talntedmrgreen

Over a year ago, you answered a question I had about the tool bar for my FDT. In your reply dated Dec 31, 2019  you said the spacer, part #16, goes in the bar to allow for up and down depth adjustment. does this mean the bolt has to be tightened at whatever depth desired or does the bolt slide up and down, allowing the lower hitch to free float?
         If it is tightened so the lower hitch and the bar are rigid, then is the depth to be controlled by the shoes? Or by the lift handle?
        Is there any kind of user directions for the tool bar? The Outdoor Power Manual basically shows how to assemble the bar but not how to use it
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts