Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
PatRarick

Oliver rototiller

PatRarick
Some time back, there was a post about whether or not Simplicity made rototillers for Ford or Jacobsen. There was a photo of the tiller, which appeared to be a Simplicity tiller with a gearbox mounted on it. Did a search, but can't find the post. In any case, I recently found this on e-Bay: [img]http://ebay2.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_ffc4ccb114b4e287ba21e5233a93b922/i-5.JPG[/img] It's part of the sale of an Oliver garden tractor and mower deck, which were made by Jacobsen. Auction started on June 29 with a $100 starting bid. There are currently 8 bids, high bid is now $901.55, the reserve is not yet met, and there are just over seven days left for this sale. Looks like an interesting auction. [url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2332253505&category=20544[/url] Pat

cyclone700
The Oliver garden tractors are really rare. They're quite desireable among farmtoy collectors. They were supposedly only made two years, I believe 1975-76, the same time Oliver became White. Typically a really rough tractor will bring close to $1000. I wouldn't be surprised if it brings between $2000-3000 or even more. I've heard rumors of Oliver garden tractors bringing over $5000 on auctions.

srwven
The sheet metal, tines, and even the tag look like simplicity/ac to me. Replace the pto with pulleys, paint the sheet metal white, and it would look exactly like the simplicity tiller I have.

MN_FISH
Pat if you purchase it at whatever cost I'll haul it for you FREE :D:D One way to meet a western neighbor. Have to go back to Fargo to replace a sprayer I bought. The pump has a broken fitting :(! I should have opened the box and looked at it before I left the store! Grrrrr lots of wasted miles & time. No time to stop today to meet you. The Chevy will have wings :o) Have to get things done before the rain moves in tonight ? Good luck on your bidding! LOL It does look like a tractor to keep and only show it instead of use it for work?;)