Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
thedaddycat

Big Ten

thedaddycat
Here are pics of the Big Ten with the hydro lift I got yesterday. The hood is from a Snapper, looking at the stripe of decal left on it. The grill is OK, nice A-C emblem. PTO pulley but no belt guards.

The data plate is gone from the engine. Gas tank is a plastic replacement. The starter works, S/G bracket is improvised, have not tested the regulator. Battery terminals need a good cleaning, seat is toast.

The PTO might work if the pivot shaft was put in the right way. This is the right end, the left end barely cleares the tranny plate, allowing the PTO to engage. No guard here, both belt stops are though along with the PTO tensioning assembly.

Here's the prize though, the hydro lift matched to the JBJr. should work real nice!!

Like on the 2012, there is one of those "right side PTO" pulleys outboard of the normal BGB drive pulley. They left the rope cup on this one, too... Only the center PTO pulley on the left end of the BGB. Solid lift rod to rear lift. If the engine runs strong, I'll put the lug tires and weights on this one and use it for ground engagement.

When I got there this was on the seat. "Oh yeah, that goes with it too" the guy said.... Must have moved trailers or something, I'd guess. Think this thing'll take a three point hitch?? The decal is still behind the seat, though partly painted over.

jkmustang1
Wow Kirk That tractor looks like it has more than earned it's way for alot of years. If any tractor deserves a good home and some proper repair it does. From what I've seen in your other post you will give it both. Good luck I am sure it will live on.

KSever
I like all the BIG welds holding the hitch together then you have the little eye bolt holding the hitch to the tractor :D Got a Good deal though Kirk I wish I could find one with the hydraulics on it.

DaleC
May look terminal, but the hands of the surgeon are capable of a beautiful face lift I am sure. Keep us posted. My second tractor is a Big Ten that I have not started on yet. I will be interested in your newly aquired project!

thedaddycat
I filled her with fresh gas and ran up and down the block which has a decent hill. It pulled up hill fine, maybe a bit of tweaking on the carb to fine tune her, check the points out, grease, fluids and filters and it's back to work for this one.