Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Nick

Does this sound like an AC or Simplicity ?

Nick
There is an abandoned house three houses down from me. I saw someone over there finally cleaning it out. I noticed a tractor sitting out by the garage, Kind of hard to see what it was as where it was parked 150' from the road. It looked like the AC 800 series, It was all orange, except for the hood and sides that went down to the frame which was either white, or a light cream. It had square headlights, not like the round ones on the 800 series. The fender/seat pan bent down on at 45 degree angle and was part of the running boards It also had an orange cart. They took the hood off it, so I cant make out if it is an AC or Simplicity. It looked to clean to be coming out of that garage, as the house has been abandoned since 1990. My guess is that they were using it to haul stuff to the dumpster. They had a go cart out front, and I definitely know that didn't come out of there. I peeked in the garage window around 1995 and don't remember seeing it there, as it kind of dark. I didn't want to walk over there today, even though no one was around because there was to much activity going on the past few days. [url]http://www.simpletractors.com/models/ac_800_series.htm[/url]

Nick
quote:
Originally posted by pacodiablo
They just abandoned the house? That is crazy.
Well, kind of, sort of. What I heard, It had be unmaintained since 1980 The father died in 1990. It was left to his son and daughter, who just cut the grass. Then they got up in age so the next door neighbor cuts it. Someone I know wanted to buy it it first he went to the son who lives down a private road across the street. Son said my sister has the key, and I want to sell it, He goes over the sisters, two houses down. She says she dosen't have the key my brother has it, she dosen't want to sell, So he couldn't buy it. I hope someone fixes it or at least puts another house on the property. That is the only area they could put a road in, to put houses in behind us, which I would hate. even though the guy who owns the woods, bought it with his house because he said he likes the woods, but as they say, "money talks"

Nick
quote:
Originally posted by BLT
From what you describe versus the picture of the AC appears to be a Broadmoor II series, ie 6010 or 6011. My best guess.
I took a walk past there this morning, and judging by member Tacey's pictures in the gallery of his 6011, that's what it is. Thanks Bob. Asked one of the neighbors, and he said it definetly wasn't in that garage. Oh well, I would love to have it.

MPH
Nick, keep trying if you really want it, it took me over 3 weeks of phone tag and 4 trips to near Fairbanks, 205 mile away, before I scored my 4040 and most of a 3314 for 600 bucks...MPH

Hoss
You can tell that you must be a tractor addict. You have started stalking the neigbhors garages 150' away. If you ever find yourself sneaking in the bushes to see tractors,seek professional help immediately

Nick
quote:
Originally posted by MPH
Nick, keep trying if you really want it, it took me over 3 weeks of phone tag and 4 trips to near Fairbanks, 205 mile away, before I scored my 4040 and most of a 3314 for 600 bucks...MPH
Talked to the neigbor, he watched them unload it off their truck, so it is their tractor.

Nick
quote:
Originally posted by Hoss
You can tell that you must be a tractor addict. You have started stalking the neigbhors garages 150' away. If you ever find yourself sneaking in the bushes to see tractors,seek professional help immediately
LOL! And if I can spot one 2 miles away, I know I professional help, and should commit myself.

MPH
Gee Hoss, what kind of help should I seek???been there done that. Even turned around in the media of I 80 last Feb when I was in Nebr cause I spotted an orange tractor while doing 85. it turned out to be the wrong shade of orange, just as well I suppose, been hard to stuff it into that renta car....MPH