Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Do you need a seat pan cushion?

slb04786

Hey guys, I was at a local surplus store last night and they had just gotten in 2 totes of garden tractor repalcement cushions. Most of them said John Deere and were yellow or black. I found one that didn't have a name on it and it is a perfect replacement for my old one on my AC 712S. Don't know what other models this fits but if anyone wants one I'll pick them up and ship them to you. The price was $5 a piece and I'm guessing shipping would be $5-10. Let me know if you are interested and I'll go back Sat AM and see what is left. 1st come 1st servered. See ya, Stan

I'll take two if they still have the No Name black ones. Thanks for letting us know about it.

I'd take one for my 712S. (like the one you got 4 yours, no name black) Thanks Jack

Can you take a tape to one of the black no name ones ? Need to know if it is large enough for a AC 410. The one my buddy thought would fit was too small and the old one is junk! Thanks in advance

I am interested too, I need 1 (the no name kind) been looking for a replacement for my AC B-110. I got sticker shocked at the prices. At this point, I don't care if the tractor is historically accurate.

Any of you who need the seat cushions and live close to a Northern Tool store can pick one up there also for about the same price. I was in yesterday and our local NT had a big box full.

Nick, If your tractor has the original seat brackets you should save them because they are worth a little $. Unless your seat had already been replaced at one time with a pan seat, the cushion wouldn't be able to be fit or adapted to the old brackets, you'd have to find a worn out newer style seat to use the metal back from to support the cushion. I know about the sticker shock though. I got a replacement seat (not a simplicity brand seat) for my 3410. It cost almost $60 but it was on clearance from $80 or $90. If you have a local auto upholstery shop you may want to take your old cushions to them and they might make you one quite reasonably. -Chris

Well, since it won't fit, nevermind. The B-110 has the original seat, I guess I'll bring it to an upholstry shop to have it done.

Nick There are 3 places you can get them from Mary aka yellowbee has the original style heat pleated material Mary Gearhart aka Yellowbee kmgeartheart@juno.com here is a copy of an email Mary just sent me I make new cushions. I use new plywood; new t fasteners; new dense foam and new heat pleated vinyl. The set is $80 + $10 shipping. The set includes the bottom, the back, and armrests. They are made with heat pleated material, white on top and smooth vinyl on the sides. These seats will fit the AC B-1, AC B-10, Big Ten, AC B-110, AC B112. You can send a check or money order to: you can all so order from Wells Implement Smooth Vinyl Or Sandy Lake Implement Heat Pleated Or Sewn Pleated

Thanks Maynard, I wasn't sure just what cushions he was talking about. Do any of these come mounted on the frame work, as the chrome is rusted badly on mine? [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/JoeJ/joej_sig2.gif[/img]

Joe Not that I know of but try cleaning them with a Brillo pad. The original seat frame I got for the HB-116 Was realy rusted and it cleaned and polished up real good with the Brillo pads.

Thanks Maynard, I'll try that first. If I'm not happy with the results, I'll call in a favor and bend up a new one with stainless tubing. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/JoeJ/joej_sig2.gif[/img]

Maynard Unless your old bracket is pitted up, I bet you'd get good results with something along these lines. http://automotivemileposts.com/products/electroplating.html My brother-in-law has a setup kid of like this for doing both gold and chrome. I used it one time for covering a spot on the bumper of my Explorer (I got a little carried away with the Hotsy) and it is holding up pretty good. He makes money with it by free lance gold plating the badges of new cars at the local import dealers.

Nick, It cost me $60.00 to get my B-110 seat redone 2 years ago. Lucks great. Local shop in Kenton, Oh. Ryan

quote:
Originally posted by Ryan
Nick, It cost me $60.00 to get my B-110 seat redone 2 years ago. Lucks great. Local shop in Kenton, Oh. Ryan
There is a local auto upholstery stop around here that I heard does real nice work. I'll have to give him a call when I have the extra $.

I picked up the 4 seats that were requested. I've sent you all an email. I did get thedaddcat's reply and payment (thanks). I'll pick up some boxes and try and get these shipped out ASAP Thanks guys, Stan