Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Ag/Fab Disc.

MPH

My only tractor shop in Fairbanks, which I ALWAYS stop by when I go in bought some new old stock ag fab stuff, one item was this 38 in disc, new in the box for 140 bucks, broke it in today. Doesn't do to bad of a job for no more then it is...Fidure it;ll look better behind the 725...MPH

Nice find Marty,,should help ya on that South 40. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/JoeJ/joej_sig2.gif[/img]

Yea it does Joe, got a good weed kill out there yesterday, in the garden, the old goat pen and any other dirt I could find. Even tried it out in the strip of woods I cleared behind the house for fire break last March. Didn't snap the roots off that are sticking up all over, but they were kinda rubbery cause we finally got some rain last week. Put a couple hours on the B112 at least..MPH

I got one of those. I dont use it too often though. Mine is a good bit older than yours. ddh

Marty, Mabey some added weight on it would help cut the roots. I just mowed and it's to hot to even ride today!!! Say what ya want, I'll take winter any day!!!! [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/JoeJ/joej_sig2.gif[/img]

I've got an old brinly disk I used to pull behind my Homesteader8. Now when I pull it behind the B-110 it just doesn't work as well because the B110 is heaver and packs the dirt down more. I also got an old simplicity disk and used it on my sleeve hitch and it doesn't work very well either, but behind my smaller tractor the brinly worked great. I think I can hook the two disks together and make a tandem disk, now that sounds like fun. Maybe the blades on mine are too dull? -Chris

Chris, The wt. factor is what kills these small discs. My brother told me once the recomended lbs/foot of disc reguired to dig but I don't recall the #'s. Sure if it was heavy enough to cut in good the old left arm would get tired lifting it. Can't beat a tiller for what we mostly do with these tractor, or should be doing, unlike my pics of tilling though the woods..Had my 200lb son stand on the disc when I was doing an old chicken pen that has been weeds for 2 years, lots of dead stuff plus foot high new growth, did putty good, sank to the hubs in pre worked dirt, actually made the 112 snort a little..MPH