Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

ac 314

simplicity707

hey gang, we went to an outdoor fleamarket this afternoon. while is wandering i noticed an orange tractor with a white hood. i went over to investigate and sure enough it was an ac 314:D! when i looked at the price tag[:0], i about dropped dead...$850.00. it was complete with mower deck, had little rust, had a 3 speed trans. i asked the guy if it ran and he said yes, but when i asked him to start it for me he said no:(!. is this too much for this mower? thanx

Dave, That sounds a bit steep to me. But as has been said in here before, it depends on how much you want it. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/JoeJ/joej_sig2.gif[/img]

Dave I would be suspicious of a seller that would not start it for a potential customer. It also sounds high to me.

I would also be supicious of someone that refuses to start a tractor for a potential buyer. And $850 sounds way high, especially for a flea market tractor.

That should be completely rebuilt and in mint condition for that price. Kepp looking Dave.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanx guys, I just passed it by when he wouldn't start it for me and I thought that was too high for me to buy!!