Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Re-pictured Wards Squire 10

Scott Salmons

Lets try it again. Thanks UCD. Drained the old gas replaced the fuel line and took off the carb for cleaning, started up great, no smoke. This tractor even still has the original battery hold down strap and "j" bolt! The sheet metal is good, has a little of the typical rear fender hand stand dismount droop. The steering wheel has been installed backwards (some people think this is the way it should have been). Does not have the original tires. The grille is in good shape and on closer inspection I think it was painted a creme color. The tractor itself is a goldish brown, kind of like the color of the old lawn boy push mowers. The decals are intact on the hood, "Squire 10" in script and has a strip on the hood. I don't know if the tractor had an emblem on the grille? The grille is a 2 piece like the Simplicity, in the upper portion there are 2 sheet metal screws in the center, if anyone has a tractor like this let me know if there was an emblem. I will take several more pictures that show more of the detail (now that I know how to do it). I also got a B-112 recently off ebay and will take pictures of it.

Now that looks like a real good score Scott. Must be new, still has ID plate that is readable. Paint her orange and you have a really nice Landlord.. Congrats to you..

I can't see making a landlord out of it, these things are harder to find. I think I will restore it just like it is.;)

Graet score Scott,^ It will really be a sharp looking tractor when you get done with it.8D^

You guys keep stealing these tractors!! Surprised someone hasn't called the POE-LEESE! Nice ride!

I have a 1963 MW squire that is orange. It had a gold deck on it that must have been from the later 60's. JH PS nice find.

Real nice Scott.:DGlad to see you finally got your pictures posted.I cant post email so don't feel bad.Real nice tractor.I was thinking red with white stripe...but whatever color you decide on would be nice I am sure.;)