Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC 919H

Karl_Brandt

Will a bevel box housing from a AC-410S be the same as a bevel box housing from a AC 919H. The AC 410S has no oil fill fitting on top of bevel box housing,the AC 919H has a oil fill on top of bevel box housing. The AC-410S is only for parts,no engine and no mower deck. The old bevel box on the AC-919H has a drill bit or something hardened broken off just 1/8" below the top of housing. My cousin tried to drill it out with a carbide drill bitin his milling machine,but ended breaking the carbide drill bit. P.S. the bevel box housing has been at his house for over a month. Thanks Karl

I believe you can get away with such a swap. The 300/400 series with the Shuttle or Hydro have the same sort of cross shaft thats in the 919 gear box. The only difference really is that the threads on the PTO side of the shaft to hold the PTO cap on the 919 will be smaller on the 410 shaft than they are on the 919 shaft. You will have to use a PTO cap nut from a 3400 series Simplicity. Your oil check fitting on the older gear box is a street L with a plug facing up. Oil level should be at the bottom of the fitting to be full.

Thanks Sam, Now I have to bring the tractor up too the shop. Allis Chalmers 410S has 6 or rivets you have to drill out to tear tractor down.[:0]Was thinking about drilling hole on top of housing for the oil fill like the AC 919H bevel box housing. I have been busy restoring my Simplicity 725 tractor, and I'am on my vacation now.This tractor has been apart since February 2003.This is ny oldest Simplicty 4 wheel tractor I own. Karl

..Karl, If you look back through earlier posts, you'll see my post... I put the back half of a 712H onto a 919H. A "few" bugs, which the guys here straightened me out on(THANKS). The problem originally was the bevel gear housing...broken with that shaft running crosswise through it frozen in place. This is DEFINITELY one of the areas of an AC/Simp not to have a problem with! Not only does everything freeze up and stick like iron on that cross shaft after years of use, but IF those 4 bevel gear box mounting bolts, which hold the rear to the front of the tractor, start to loosen, as it did for the prior owner....bad things WILL happen..................Bob T

I got the AC 410S apart today and bevel box came off with no broken bolts:D,but the trans left hand side plate (three bolts in trans-two were broken off). I will take the bevel box apart tomorrow. Karl

• 2 weeks later...
I finally got the bevel box back and the tractor is back together again.[:0]Now I have to get a new drive belt and then see if it runs & the hydro trans works.:) Karl