Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Cultivator

Ryan

I picked up a 4 B-series shovel cultivator at an AC show the other day. I may have paid to much ($50.00) but I have only seen 2. I need to get a digital camera. What do you guys think. It is in pretty good shape and has new shovels. It is missing the skid shoes. Any body have any? It is like this attached URL. http://www.simpletractors.com/attachments/cultivator_specs.htm Thanks Ryan

Ryan, If it's Manufacturer number 398 (990398), or 699 (990699) you can get the parts list from the Simplicity Publications Department, link is on this website. The "Duck Feet" are sweeps and do work well for going in between rows, lifts the soil enough to uproot weeds but doesn't cause soil turn over onto your plants. This Cultivator actually has two sections, the other section hooks to the front axle and rides underneath your feet like the Grader Blade does. On the front section is narrower teeth which rip into the soil quite well and two wider hoe's which I'm told work good for potatoes. I actually put the narrower teeth onto my back Tool Bar and was able to get about 5 inches of till depth with turf tires, had to keep down pressure on my manual lift but it worked very well. I would guess $50.00 to be about right as that's about the average of the two I have. MadMike

i gave 25.00 for the rear section but also missing "duck feet" and $75.00 for center section.center section is new and the guy i got it from has 2 more.but i think its to much.

I think that $25 is fair I have missed out on 2 sets this summer on was $175 and the other I didn't get to see a price.. The one for $175 didn't sell as far as I know.... I still would like to have a full set of cultivators...

Another thing you may want to look for is a Spring Tooth Cultivator. They don't dig in real well but if you slid the teeth close together it becomes a narrow York Rake, more or less. This worked great for getting grass clods out of my garden this year. MadMike