Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
SteveP

Looking at a Sunstar

SteveP
Havent posted here in a long time and need ya'lls help again. Spotted a Sunstar Sunday with a 16HP single cylinder Kohler, 48 inch deck with 1700 hours[V] on the clock. Would imagine the engine is orginal? Going to look at it again today or tomorrow. The guy asking $350 for it. Could part it at the very least. Thanks Steve

Leroy
For 350 bucks what else could you get? If it don't smoke and it cuts grass tie a chain to it and your bumper the 16 hp is a solid engine if im not mistaken. if it's Simplicity and it runs man jump on it.

Les
When Simp. first came out with the Sunstar, they did not sell well as they were very expensive to produce. After the first year or so Simplicity panicked and came out with the cheap versions with the 16 and 18 horse singles, some even had 42" decks. The singles didnt last long, only a year or two. So you are probably looking at the least desirable version of the SunStar. Still a very good tractor though, for that kind of money you cant go wrong unless something serious is wrong with the engine or trans.