Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
JFS

Ball attachment that fits on sleeve hitch

JFS
Not long back I saw a pic or diagram of a ball hitch that fits onto a sleeve hitch. I have a neighbor who I trade work with that is a welder who has agreed to build one for me. I have an AC 710. I have searched the site high and low but cannot locate the pic I saw. Can someone help me locate this pic or better yet the plans. Thanks John

UCD
John There is a rear ball hitch that attaches to the rear drawbar Kit Part# 990907.The top part attaches to the bar on the rear lift and the bottom attaches with pins where the sleeve hitch connects. I have one on my tractor You should still be able to order the individual parts from your dealer or make one

gregc
callwill posted pics of a ball hitch that was attached to the rear lift and could raise and lower, if this is what you saw. Check out this topic: http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17983&SearchTerms=ball

JFS
Thanks for all the replies. The one I am really looking for fits right on the sleeve hitch itself and is secured with the hitch pin and the 5/8 bolts. It is light weight but the only thing I will be using it for is backing my aluminum boat into my backyard. Like I say, I saw a pic or diagram somewhere on this site a few weeks back. I should have captured it then. Thanks again

RickS
JFS If you find the diagram or picture could you post it again. I would be very interested in a ball hitch that fits in a sleave hitch. I have several trailers that I move around.

HubbardRA
Do what I did, find a ball that has a removable center bolt. Then replace the bolt with whatever size or length you need to mount to the hole in the hitch. I've been moving my trailers with the ball attached to the factory cart towing hole.

UCD
John Are you sure you saw it here. I have not seen what you are describing but should be very easy to make. Something like this. You can use your own measurements to suite your needs.

Dutch
I just use a snow blade hitch for spotting trailers (ball) and carts (pin) around the yard. Can be raised and lowered without getting off seat, and it's easier to steer than with a rear mounted hitch. [img]/club2/attach/dutch/spot-hitch.jpg[/img]

country
Dutch, would you be kind enough to provide the dimensions of the snow blade hitch you used? I have a blade, and would like to build a hitch, but have no basis to build from.