Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Chris727

John deere difficult to work on

Chris727
I know I said that the deck was easier to remove on my JD110 than my B110 but thats about the only part thats easier. I had a couple of incomplete tractors to part out, a JD110 and a JD210 or 212, the numbers were gone. They were very difficult to work on. I wanted to save some parts that were in great shape but they're just a pain to get apart, they were not engineered to be easy to work on. They both had electric lift and do you think they could make a lift that would fit both a 110 and a 210 (very similar tractors) no! To convert from manual lift to electric can only be done by hacking a lot because the dashboards are different and are welded to the frame rather than having a removable side panel. Do you know how many different 110s JD made that nothing interchanges, probably at least four. From what I understand the electric lift kits for the Simplicity 3300's to 7000's and newer should interchange. With simplicity at least there aren't 4 different styles of tractor to a model number. -Chris

thedaddycat
I like that Sam, leave the reassembly to those masochists who are really into pain..... I took apart that JD 111 and that was enough. I know I'll never own one for myself, just to part them out...

bigcountry
Ok, John Deere made about 3 different 110's. There are the ones from the 60's, then the Quietline series from the 70's, and then the new ones. What would you expect? Look at a truck...parts from a 73 F-150 will not fit a 2003 F-150. The only John Deere I will ever part out is one that has been destroyed from falling off a truck or something of that nature. I feel like parting out my Simplicity from as much trouble as its causing me, new battery is dead and won't recharge and I've replaced every part on that thing known to man. And I've got a line on a 108 John Deere for $50...

SmilinSam
Hey now, I'm not partial to one kind or another. I'll part out anything ,running or not "with wheels on it, orange or green and yellow, it don't matter to me." :D:D:D

thedaddycat
Hey, I am starting to part out a few others including that old Broadmoor(spelled it right this time...). Not much interest in it so far, guess most of those parts don't wear out too quick. Oh well, I'll save what I think I can use in projects later. I hate to see good parts go to the scrap yard, but I don't have unlimited space either. I have a Landlord frame that is about to get sent there because just about everything else is gone.

Chris727
BigCountry, the only reason I was scapping out the deeres was because I got them only for the remaining parts thinking I could maybe use them on my '73 JD110 and I thought the electric lifts were valuable since I got them for free, the motors transmissions, wheels and body panels were already gone. The remaining frames with only variator parts (too difficult to remove) are resting in a scrap metal pile now. -Chris