Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
memanpa

power max rear pto problem

memanpa
was using my powermax today when all of a sudden it sounded like all heck broke loose, i immiediatly shut it down (in the woe=rst place possible) and started investigating, at first i thought i had broken a belt so i removed the cooler and saw the problem! it appears that there is a coupling(fibre of some sort) item 6 page 1-36 of the manual that was tore up it connects the rear pto to the engine, my question to you guys/gals out there is can i go ahead and disassemble the rear pto shaft and move the tractor into the shop without doing further damage, the shaft it'self is floating now but the clearance is such that the yoke is hitting on what is left of the coupling and really banging around. it is reall setting in a bad location as i can't get to the back of my property, or into my shop HELP PLEASE:(:(:( thanks guys thanks gals

UCD
Take out disc #4 and remove the yoke #9 and unbolt #33 from #18 and you should be ok to go. Those disc should be available at the dealer look the same as in the 7100 series drive shaft.

memanpa
yep! your pic shows it as item number 4 my book shows it as number 6 but either way that is the @##$@#@#@#$# thing that is bad! cant push it as when i shut it down i also dropped the front end loader and it is on the ground, as is the rake! will work on it in the morning when it isn't so hot 110 in the shade but i am not parked in the shade thanks ed

memanpa
yes i have a repair manual from simplicity for 4040-4041 and powermax 9020 looks like volume tp-504a. my manual shows rear pto for the powermax on page 1-36 figure 36 now i am really confused the diagrams are very very close except for item numbers, am hoping sandy lake will be able to match the part by my serial number, unless you have a better source! thanks ed