Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Paint "rejuvenator" products

Vic

Don't know if any of you have come across any real good stuff that removes faded oxidized paint but I have been using this MALCO Rejuvenator which I get from my borther at a Case/IH tractor dealer. The stuff really works on old/faded paint!! I wish I had some before & after pics to share. If interested, the 32 oz. bottle costs $15.50. The back of the bottle says: Malco Products, Inc. of Barberton, OH 44203. 330-753-0361. If anyone has any similar experiences with other products, let me know. Thanks, Vic

Not that I have tried but I have seen it used. My dad used to buff and detail cars at a dealership for about 20 years, seen him use Comet one time on a black Chevy BelAir and turned out great. As I said I have yet to try but I have seen it done.

I just recently tried a product called "Boat Scrub" that can be purchased from Auroramarine.com. You put a msall dab on a wet rag and apply just like you are waxing the car. Then wipe off with a dry towel. It takes off the white oxidation but doesn't remove much paint. Then you apply the wax. Did the hood on my son's Mustang, including the waxing, in about 20 minutes. It looks very good.

In my garage business when reconditioning cars for customers I used this It was one of the first liquid cleaner/waxs out, and the most copied. It has a mil. spec number and was sold to the Military by the 55 gal drum. It goes on very easy dries to a haze in 5 min and wipes rite off. Super shine and last a long time. will remove black stain marks from rubber mouldings on campers. I used it on the bottom of my boat and got 4-5 mph faster from it. Originaly made for Military use on aircraft aluminum to remove oxidation and make slip though the air easier. Price $13- $14 a qt I used to sell it for $10.50. Many places sell it just do a search for Astro Shield. Can be ordered direct from MFG. [url]http://www.nord-viscount.com/[/url] [img]http://www.mfsperformance.com/images/astro.jpg[/img] Astro Shield Cleans better, Glazes Brighter, Weatherseals and protects longer than any other! Wipe it on, let it dry and wipe it off. That's all there is to it.