Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  

b210 charging question

I'm having battery problems . I suspect a charging problem . I am not sure about the wiring does anyone know how the gen/starter connection terminals to the voltage regulator terminals should be connected currently mine are "A" to selinoid and voltage regulator ter minal "GEN" "F" to "F" and from the voltage reg to the batery on the "BAT" terminal. Also does anyone know where i can get a repair manual for the B210 . I ordered a manual from my local simplistic dealer but when I received it it was an owner manual and not repair manual and is supposidly all thats available are the manuals in the manual area a diferent type? thanks for any help Mike Clark

dlcentral
Sounds like your wires are hooked up correctly,To check the problem out,ground the "F" terminal with the eng. running.If the amp. guage goes up to full charge or 13 to 14 volts with a voltmeter, the regulator is faulty.If no difference is noticed when grounding the "F" terminal ,the generator is faulty. Hope this helps! dlc

LarryC
There are a couple of good service manuals out there. The Briggs manual for most of the single cyl engines is part number 270962 and list for $12.95. The Kohler K series engine service manual is part number TP-2379 and list for $9.95. Both of These manuals are well worth having.

Kent
Unless they have recently stopped stocking them, the "B Series Service Manual" is still available directly from Simplicity as a reprint. See the Parts & Manuals section for more info, including the price (in the "testimonial")and phone number... I personally ordered one from them a little over a year ago.

I also have a AC B210 and I have found that the Simplicity Repair Manual, Large Frame Garden Tractors, Landlord, Sovereign, Baron, 7000 & 7100 models should fit your needs for any repairs to the B210 tractor itself, including the complete electrical system. You'll need to also get a repair manual for the particular engine you have. The Simplicity manual has what appears to be the publication number of TP-793 on the front cover. Check again with your local Simplicity dealer. FYI, I paid $8.50 for this manual back in 1992, pretty cheap compared to some of the parts costs. The only drawback is that since it is a Simplicity manual all the diagrams refer to Simplicity model numbers (go figure), but since the pictures and diagrams are fairly detailed, all you need to do is look at your B-210 and then select the appropriate section/diagram that best matches what you want to work on. I haven't looked into an actual Allis B-210 repair manual yet since the Simplicity manual has met all my needs. Heck, for the first 20 years, I never had any repair manual, I just took it apart carefully and then reassembled in the reverse order. If anyone else reads this and knows the cost of the actual Allis repair manual for the B-210 and the part number/publication number used to order the manual, reply and let us know.