Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
thedaddycat

Test Tank

thedaddycat
I started to put gas in the tank of the 3310 H and then thought about making a test tank to test run engines. I decided that rather than mess with cleaning out the gas tank on every tractor before I test ran it, I'd make up a portable gas tank to test run engines with. I had 4' of gas line and a valve I'd bought previously, and had old clamps and a tank around. Here's the rig being used on the 3310 H. See that funnel rig on the running board? The blue part is a valve that you shut, then fill the funnel part with fluid up to the amount you want. It has measuring scales on it like a measuring cup in English and Metric, and a built in screen. Put the snoot in the hole and open the valve, fluid goes in. I've used this on tranny and BGB oil changes so far, works good for those.

Here's the transplanted (long)manifold and carb along with the "Trigger" swiped from the Big Ten. Engine is a Go. I got the other throttle linkage today, Thanks Dan! I'll be trying the short manifold and carb now that I have that.

powerking_one
Kirk, buddy, I'm not track'in with you on this one... I don't get the funnel apparatus thing in conjunction with the external fuel tank/shutoff valve. Why not just the tank->hose->shutoff valve->hose-> carb fitting? A little dense, Tom(PK)

rokon2813
Your entirely welcome and by the way I use a test tank too. Mine is an old square steel tank with glass sediment bowl and built in shut off and I use clear gas line so I can see if the gas is flowing. Lets me know if float and valve are opening.

rokon2813
Tom; I think the funnel thing was just an aside. Like 2 posts for the price of one. Its just laying there and doesnt have anything to do with the tank I dont beleive...

thedaddycat
Yep, it's a Daddycat Twofer Special.... LOL The funnel is just a handy tool to have for oil changes. It has the clear tubing to reach out of the way places, plus you can put 1 Pint exactly into the BGB, 3 Pints into the tranny, etc. No more guesswork or holding the bottle up to the light and seeing how much is left in it. With the valve shut, you can fill the funnel at the bench, snap the lid on it(yes it even has a lid to keep it clean), carry it out to the tractor, then open the valve when ready.

powerking_one
OK, I got it. Looked like on optical illusion, like a 3-port TEE on the valve with the blue funnel connected to it. Tom(PK)