Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity 32" Snow Blower ID

DDB

Help, I have a Simplicity 5010 and a friend gave me a 32" Simplicity snow blower. I would like to find out what the snow blower does fit. When I looked @ the cross reference pages, and the quick reference area, I can not find the ID number (What's left) on the charts. My snow blower ID number starts out with the printed numbers 882 then the numbers that are stamped looks like 02384, so the complete number would be: 882 02384. What does this blower work on and why does my blower's number starts out with "882" when the cross reference numbers start out with "990"? Please Help Dave dbauerle@netexp.com

first part is your model second is serial so your model is 990882. For a while they dropped the 990 on several models for whatever reason

Dan, Great! that meens that I have found the correct blower for my tractor, how offen does this happen. Thank you for the info. Dave

Dave you found a blower that will work with the correct hitch this is the hitch you will need.

This kit was needed to install the 32in #882 blower on a 5008

Dan, Great information but, NUTS! I have the right blower but the wrong hitch. What are the ods that I will find the correct one. It took 6 months just to find a gas tank. This machine is very hard to find parts for. Thank's agin Dave

you might get lucky. Ive got a small blower like that I havent picked up yet. Cant remember the number on it but I will try to get it this weekend and see what I have. Dan

Dan, Ok, I just looked at the cross reference agin and I think I'm confused. The top pic or the bottom pic is the correct hitch for the 5010? Dave

Dave, my blower doesnt have a hitch. As far as the picture I dont know. Maynard posted that