Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
WISCONMAN

Parts availability for 4041 front pto clutch

WISCONMAN
Other than the coil, are there any other parts available for the front pto clutch on a 4041? My parts manual does not show the clutch. Does anyone have a complete parts break down? I am looking for the bearing and for the snap rings that retain the bearing. The bearing shops have told me that this is not a standard bearing and that I would have to go back to the OEM get a replacement. Thanks

UCD

StanD
Sandy lake has bearings in stock for about $70.00 There is a wide & narrow race. Yours should be the wider one Part #1663355 Don,t have any part number for snap rings but they should be able to help you. Be sure you check the condition of the field coil, they start disintegrating with old age just like me. If that is the case may consider complete clutch. StanD

JimS
StanD, How can you tell if the clutch takes the wide or narrow race? My 9020 parts manual has a reference to service bulletin 77-4 for the wide race. Does anyone have a copy of that service bulletin or know what it refers to? Jim

StanD
The wide race portion is what goes on the shaft. It is wider than the bearing itself. StanD

yardarm
I ordered a clutch field for $119 from www.J-Thomas.com Warner electric part no. 5208-451-014 rear pto clutch (same field as the front pto) I will need to epoxy it in as in the attached picture but it is alot less expencive than replacing the whole clutch. michael [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/yardarm/clutch.jpg[/img]