Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
DieselDon

Power Max vs Legacy

DieselDon
Is there anyone out there who would care to give their thoughts on a comparison between the Simp/AC/Wards "Power Max" series and todays Simp Legacy/MF 2900 series in terms of performance, ease of use and/or versatility? I know that in todays dollars the Legacy/2900 is more than a bit pricey but it is probably also a whole lot more available. Just like to know how others feel about these two top-a-line machines.

RonRobinson
Well, This may not help, but when I looked for a large garden tractor, The legacy was it. I have only seen a powermax and the numbers look impressive. I like some of the new items on the legacy. The power is good, the ride is great and this weekend will find me pulling down trees with it. (10' pines that died from last years planting) I use it in the winter with a 60" blade and it does well! Yes, it's pricey, but I think it worth it. Ron

AGCO918
Buy a lEGACY AS THEY ARE A LOT OF TRACTOR.Would love to have one,but no money as we just bought a new house and are moving soon.I need a tractor the size of legacy.More better as far as engine and you dont have the money in the onan in the powermax but then again if a 720 comes up forsale i am going to pay the $3000.00 to $4000.00 copared to $8000.00 to $12000.00 on the legacy with loader and all the goodies.It amounts to what you want to spend.