Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
jordan

Allis Chalmers 720 Special

jordan
I'm new to the world of tractors and have a 720 I just bought. Its in fair shape and runs good. I think I got a good deal. What what are they worth? I'm looking for a 3 point hitch for it can anyone help with INFO?

MPH
Jordan, welcome to the club. What these are WORTH is a matter of opinion, most seem to sell in the range of 1500 to 2500 dollars, with bargins reported now and then. Didn't have much luck finding a 3pt for my 4040 so I made one, but I live in Alaska so I don't have a wide shopping area. There are a few tractor scrappers on site, but I think a power Max would have to be pretty well trashed to scrap it out..MPH

JP
Hi Jordan! Welcome to the club! I agree with MPH, the prices vary widely in both condition & region. Finding 3 pt's is pretty tough. I've only sold two over the years & They went FAST. It's better to find a unit with one on it. As MPH referes, the unit would have to be pretty well trashed out to part out. Keep us posted on how you're doing & if you need any help. There's quite a depth of knowledge on this site & usually more than willing to help! Take Care, JP

MN_FISH
What is a 3-point worth for a 720 or 9020?

UCD
wayne As hard as they are to find I guess they are worth what you are willing to pay. I would say it would be easier to make one. Most of the parts are readly available.

MPH
Just heard a couple weeks ago there are 3pys being sold for 4 wheelers now. I have no info on them but it might be worth looking for..Most likely would need some retro-fitting..MPH

MN_FISH
UCD I was wondering because I might part a 720 out <that has a 3-point> if I don't get around to repowering ?it or if I don't need some parts myself? Too many projects and not enough hrs in a day. MPH there is a place east of Hawley MN. with a 4-wheeler that has a loader on it and a 3-point.I beleive they make them there? The loader was mounted someway under the motor framwork. Didn't really scope it out when I looked at it. No 4-wheeler just 720"s:D and 9020:D

JimS
I have a 3 point hitch for these tractors that has never been used and was thinking about putting it on Ebay. I saw a used hitch advertised for $350 a couple of weeks ago. Anybody want to make me an offer? JimS