Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Rudy

HB 212 Value

Rudy
I've got to sell my 1970 HB212 along with a sickle bar, 48' mower deck and roter tiller. All kinds of manuls. Have no idea what to ask or if I should sell them as a group or seperate them. Advice please. Rudy

Les
The sickle bar is the hottest item. Very few HB112's were made, HB212's are much more common, Pricing depends on condition and finding the right person who really wants one. Depends on your area too, in places where there are no Simplicity dealers the AC/Simps may not sell well at all. My best advice, get on Ebay and see what things go for. For someone like me, who is NOT a collector, your tractor is not worth much because you cant get parts for the Vickers hydro trans.

KSever
Now that made me laugh Les, You NOT a collector? ;)I Think I seem to recall you posting a picture a while back of all the tractors out by the barn. That is IF I'm thinking right and it was you. Kris

Rudy
quote:
Originally posted by Les
The sickle bar is the hottest item. Very few HB112's were made, HB212's are much more common, Pricing depends on condition and finding the right person who really wants one. Depends on your area too, in places where there are no Simplicity dealers the AC/Simps may not sell well at all. My best advice, get on Ebay and see what things go for. For someone like me, who is NOT a collector, your tractor is not worth much because you cant get parts for the Vickers hydro trans.
I realy screwed up. It is a 212 not a 112. The Vickers was rebuilt about 5 years ago but has a small leak (about 3 qts\yr. I'll supply 2 yrs worth) I have not been able to fix it mainly because I don't feel like pulling it. BTW there is a guy in Mich who has all the parts and rebuilds them. There is a photo in my profile Thanks for you advice. Rudy

UCD
It is very hard to put a value on something you cant see. Pictures help but you still need to know the mechanical Condition. Pictures can't tell you that. The area you are in also helps to determine the value. The biggest determination is How much you want for it and are willing to sell it for and how much someone is willing to give you for it. If you ask a fair price you will sell it. If you ask a Very high price you will still own it. Ask what you would be willing to pay if you were looking for it and wanted to buy it.

Les
quote:
Originally posted by rokon2813
Shame on you I see a CC and maybe a horse in that line
What the Cub and the Wheel Horse are for is when I need extra weight in the back of the pickup for traction on slick roads during the winter time. Best use that I have found for them as I dont have a boat so I have no need for a boat anchor. Thought about giving them to the wife for flower planters but that would be too embarrasing.