Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
fomoco390

Johnson Workhorse Loader -- Powermax

fomoco390
I'm looking at a A/C 616 with a Johnson Workhorse loader. Does anyone know if this could have been made for this tractor, or would it be a conversion from another brand? It looks good, from what I've seen, like it could be for the Powermax's. Is this loader a good unit otherwise? I don't have any experience with loaders at all. I sure like the thought of it, though...

MPH
Johnson did make a loader for the powermax tractors, likely same loader fit others with proper hardware. Haven't seen anyone on here crumble about thiers. No personnel experience. YET. MPH

schaefer72
hi - i have a johnson workhorse loader on my powermax 4041 - works great - pump runs off front pto belt - perfect sized loader for this tractor - i use mine all the time - i dont know if they built an original hook up for the powermax or not - mine has a custom made mount - made by the prev. owner - bolts under the tractor and into the original holes - when i called the company i was told they made the same loader for alot of tractors and they just modified the mounts alittle for each model - john deere , allis , or whatever - see ya

fomoco390
Thanks!

BrownA
I have a Johnson Loader on a AC B110. I like it and feel that it works well. Mine has down pressure with all four pistons and a float position. It also is run by a small hydraulic pump at the front of the tractor that runs off the front crankshaft. I tell you it certainly beats a shovel or wheelbarrow. Good luck.