Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Worn out tires

ka9bxg

Ok so the tires on my 3416H are almost worn out.I would like to know how many people have worn out there tires.Not cracked or rotten but worn out to the point of they will slip on dry grass.If you test them like you do with car tires I would be in trouble.Bob

I wore out a set of rear tires on the B12 but it took about 25 yrs. They were the original turf type.

I had to replace the tires on my 7116H, not because they were wore out or cracked but because they had hardened up to the point that they no longer had any traction on grass. I was amazed at the difference new ones made.

Bob, the front tires on my HB212 are almost smooth. Lots of hours, the rear tires have another 30 years of tread left.