Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

725 Project again, Maybe POSTPONED

MPH

Got a little time off work, couple days of playin, so thought maybe if I got the rearend cleaned up I'll skip fishin and work on putting my little sweety back together..Homestead steamcleaner..MPH

Had the B-112 sitting outside after 3 or 4 hours of hard discin in the firebreak and the moss under the trees so I gave it a bath also, first one since I put it together...3 yrs ago?? Heres what I disced up.

Not for awhile Doug, I need to find a legume that will grow in this acid soil. Not sure if hairy vetch will or not. At 12 bucks/40 lb bag I'd have go back to work to buy enough lime for it. Pulled all the stumps outta a pile of moss and peat yesterday with driving help from my daughters and the 4040. Pulled out a bunch of small trees also, that fire ladder stuff. Now if I can get it to break down and dug in I might have Soil made outta dirt...A low presure project as its mostly a play ground for tractors...MPH

Marty wheres the rest of the 725? What you have looks real beefy. What size are those weights and tires? JH

John, the tires are 6x23x12 Goodyears, the wt are 2 sets of OEM, I lucked out when I got the B-112 as there were 3 sets with it, painted one set orange. The rest of the 725 is sitting on the bench since Jan, bolt free, brand new coat of paint, waitting for me to stay home awhile...MPH

Just a little pothole of a lake 40 mile from home stocked with rainbow. Two trips, 6 fish about 5 inches long, half dozen 3 dollar Mepps in the weeds, time spent,,PRICLESS..MPH

Marty, Can sure see why priceless!! I sure wish I had gone up there years back when I had the chance. Was told, one phone call and 2 of use would be on the pipeline. But NOOOOOOOO, wifey didn't want me to go, now she would about kill to be up there. Wemons, can't live with um, and can't live with um!! [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/JoeJ/joej_sig2.gif[/img]

Joe, if you want to go back too welding, call ATEC, the co. welding the Hemp shielding on fort Greely..I'll look the head man up for you if you want..MPH

Yea, your right Pat, guess thats why we just got back from a spur of the moment planned trip to Macarty/ Kennicott copper mine. My son came up with the thought friday nite, so we left yesterday morn, camped out for the night after driving 80 miles of washboard road and just got home. 523 miles total trip. Reason for going, haven't been there. What did we see,,lots of rusted junk from a copper mine that closed in '38, a road bed made from the old railroad bed, 80 miles of it, but the mountains in the copper valley were all clear and in the course of the trip we saw 3 sides of them..tractor still waitting..MPH

Marty, Thanks but no thanks. Lungs won't go for it anymore. And that's young mans counrty you got up there. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not old, just a couple of me parts are!!!! [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/JoeJ/joej_sig2.gif[/img]

Joe, ya might just fine your lungs like this air up here, I sure find the midwest a tough place to find air in the summer.MPH

Marty, You won't find much in Jersey either, seems all the oxygen is removed before it gets to me!! I'm enjoying this new career though, never worked in A/C before!! May have to get it for here at home too!!!! [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/JoeJ/joej_sig2.gif[/img]