Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

brush hog

Sid

Did A/C or Simplicity make a pull behind brush hog for their tractors with the 2000 rpm pto's? Is there an after market brand (i.e. woods, king kutter) that makes one that will work with the 2000 rpm pto, that has the shaft with the female spline? What could I expect to pay for one. Thanks; Sid.

Sid I did one with an AC 720 a few years ago, think it was 3pt mounted. Not sure who made it for them. I believe all the mid 70's tractors with a pto were 2000 rpm, like jd 400 series and bigger masseys and maybe Bolens.MPH

Danco built the 48 inch Brush Hog. I have one & they work great. They are not easy to find. I sold two & had a hard time finding one back. Quite sure there is photo on Simple tractors. Woods may build one special order but it will be pricey. They also built rear finish mowers for the 2000 RPM output.

You might try www.woodsonline.com, you can email them for techinal questions. What I would like to know is: Will a Cat I, 2000 rpm PTO mower or tiller for a Deere or other brand work on a Powermax/720, SunStar or Legacy? I have never really took a close look at the other tractor PTO arrangements but my 720 had a female connection on the tractor, is Deere the same way????