Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  

Vari-Drive Belt Question

Kent
I discovered the same discrepancy when adjusting the Varidrive on my B-210. I don't know why it is pblished both ways. I'm not sure, but I don't think this is a critical measurement, since it must change as the belt wears, over time. What is critical is that the belt stop does, in fact, stop the belt when you depress the clutch fully. Otherwise, the gears will grind. It took me a couple of times running through the adjustment procedure before I got it "just right" on my B-210. Now, I get to look forward to doing it again, since I plan to replace the belt prior to the tilling/wmowing season....

Looking through the SimpleTractors web site I ran across a page that had a diagram of the vari-drive belt adjustment procedure. This is basically the same as the diagram in my B-210 owners manual, however, the dimension (3) for the axle tube to belt stop is different. The web page shows 9-1/4" whereas my owners manual shows 8-7/8". The Simplicity Large Frame Garden Tractors Repair Manual also lists the dimension as 8-7/8". What is the correct setting and why the discrepancy?