Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

I've captured the Griffon....

thedaddycat

After much searching to no avail, I have finally captured that elusive beast, the mechanical front PTO assembly......

That was one of several reasons I bid on this tractor. For now I think I'll swap the 10 horse Briggs out on the 3310 H and put it in this one. The rod is toast, needs a teardown at the least, maybe bore out to next size, I have not looked too closely at the bore yet...

Not a pretty sight, but worth saving......

Automotive resistor coil type ignition and a good battery, the elecric lift works off the key in "Run", it even cranked the engine over.... lol

I also got a box of parts including the belt shield for the snow blower.

Nice going Kirk. Didn't realize the mechincal front cluth was that rare, guess maybe that 14hp gilson I bought mainly for the starter/gen was a good deal..MPH

I don't know if they're rare or just that nobody will give one up. I've been looking for a year and a half at least, on here and elsewhere without any luck. The guy I got my first Simplicity from had one but said the 10 horse never had enough power to throw snow all that well, so he never put the clutch back on when he short blocked the engine. The blower and clutch, along with a tiller and mower deck w/ center PTO that he got with the tractor all ended up junked(long before I got into these tractors). the silver lining is that he kept the tiller drive... This tractor had the front clutch on there along with the electric lift, hub caps, and a blower and 48" mower in beautiful shape. It supposedly only has a blown engine, so a swap fixes that for now and then I will hopefully have a hydro tarctor at last. The Briggs 16 is good for parts or a rebuild. Someone emailed me and asked about the size of the pulley on this deck, looks like 5 1/4" or so to me...

No belt covers, but these home made ones cover the outer pulleys. Nice paint job on it, too.

Under side is clean, too.

These "Posts" are attached to the rear hitch. Any ideas on what they're for? There are no holes for hairpin clips, but I was thinking three point lift maybe??

quote:
Originally posted by Kent
RBT.... does that mean Really Bad Tractor? :D
....only if "FDT" means Frustrating Dangerous Tractor :D