Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
gregc

Engine drive pulley size for Yeoman?

gregc
Can someone please tell me the diameter of the engine drive pulley on a Yeoman? I have a Yeoman 637 that had an eleven hp. engine with a tapered shaft in it when I got it and both the drive pulley and the PTO pulley were 4.5" O.D. The PTO pulley is the correct diameter but I don't know about the drive pulley. All the parts lists for Yeoman tractors that I have found list the drive pulley as part no. 162049. I checked the database at Jacks with no luck. Any help will be greatly appreciated. [code]S.O.S. Calling All Yeoman Owners[/code]

andy gartner
Greg None of my Broadmoor parts cats. match up to Yeoman nos., although latter tractors "look" similiar. Especially the 8HP's. If you haven't tried yet, suggest you may find a yeoman owner through: 1. the Registry 2.unclehenrys.com-out East 3.trader.com under 'home-lawn tractors/mowers' good luck A

papamerkle
My 627 Yoeman has a 3.5" Outside Diameter drive pulley. It does have a 3 speed transmission in it. Try to check 616 Yoeman tomorrow. It only has a 2 speed transmission in it. Hope this helps:):)

gregc
Thanks papa and Gerhard. I'm trying to get everything on the Yeoman fixed back the way it should be and your help is very much appreciated. The tractor had wrong drive pulley size, nails used for keys in the crankshaft, the PTO pulley was a 1" bore on the 7/8" portion of the tapered crankshaft with no bushing used, grease fitting missing from pivot shaft (pivot not frozen yet but very stiff), and other issues.