Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Good_Ole_JR

Sort of Strayed Away From My Simplicities

Good_Ole_JR
This spring I knew I was going to be in trouble since my 3212H needed the BGB rebuilt and my 3212V has a blown engine. I had just been awarded my SSI disability and had a sum of money to play around with. I went out shopping and found a 1970 Ford 2000 series and fell in love with it. Had the thing delivered and then went out shopping for toys to go along with it so that I could play. I ended up bringing home a used JD finish mower that cuts a five foot swath for $600, a carry all for the back,grader blade, a set of double bottom plows and a brush hog. All together total, I spent $5075.00 and have all I need to take care of gardening and mowing and clearing snow around my property. Now I can take all the time in the world I need to fix up the Simplicities. Once I get them fixed I won't have to work them as near as hard as I used to in the past. They have well earned their retirement and will be used a little gentler in the future now. The Ford is a full sized tractor and can get the job done a little quicker and is a lot easier on my back but I couldn't see letting the other two little tractors ending up sitting in the garage looking outside and seeing their big brother doing all the work....LOL