Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Almost there, but short a carb

stumpy

Well, it figures. Pretty much have a 3416 finished for my old compadre's wedding present, painted up, re-wired and such. Was lucky enough not to have it burn to a crisp in a recent wildfire, and what happens? He comes over to check it out while I'm messing with the carb re-build. Of course, the jet nozzle is shot and corroded into the carb. Being helpful, he tried to drill it out and completely boogered the carb body. Project is now on hold. Gonna have to loan him my little Homesteader 8 so he can get started on yard and garden construction at his new house (his new wife expected the 3416H, with tiller attached, this week...she already suspects me of being a bad influence...this could be a bad situation for my future health <G>). So...anybody have a large-sized two piece Flo-Jet carb laying around needing a new home on an old cast iron Briggs 16 horse one-lunger? His 3416H is gonna be stuck in my shop until I find one. I've got a rebuild kit sitting here, so it needn't be tip-top, just affordable and rebuildable...as long as the main jet nozzle can be removed and replaced...really don't need another attempt by my buddy at drilling one out, har har har. Thanks all

Bob will a carb off a 10 hp fit? I have one on a 243431 that I could check out for you.

I have one from a 3112 and if you give an PM with your E-mail address I can give you more info. The 12 and 16 HP engines have the same carb part numbers. I 10 HP will bolt up, but I think they have a smaller venturi.