Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

4211 correct size engine pulley

KSever

Trying to replace the wrong engine/pto double pulley on my 4211. But I would like to know the correct size diameter of the two pulley's and how long this double pulley is suppose to be that belongs on this tractor? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Kris

Kris I have a '78 4111, can measure, if you think pulleys are same. Will check 4000 and 4200 parts catalogues in meantime, to see if pulleys have same part no., also, if drive belt is same length. Hope this helps, till someone can offer exact info. A

Kris, I have a 4212H and I checked the part numbers and they are different. Would have been glad to help but maybe next time.;) I'm having the same problem with my Yeoman 637 but have had no replies to my post yet.:(

OK Nos. for (4211 + 4111) are different. But the 12LTG + 4200G Series Parts Manual, shows all 'G' tractors use same part no. I have a 1691027-4208G, if you have a 1691028-4211G, also in that cat., I can measure the pulleys for you.

Andy, If you could measure I sure would appreciate it. It would give me an idea to start from.

Kris Gonna have to get front-end up higher on some ramps w/better light. Took several measurements from several diff angles-best as I could-got odd nos. 1. Overall height from top edge of top Engine pulley down shaft to bottom edge of bottom PTO pulley = 6 1/4" 2. top engine pulley dia. = 3 1/4" 3. bottom PTO pulley dia. = 4 5/8" A

Thank You very much Andy. It is pretty close I would think since the pto is the one I'm worried about the most and they should be the same on the 4111. The rpm's and HP are the same. The length is about what I measured from the frame bottom to the bottom of the belt guides. Just that top pulley might be a little different but I can deal with that in the clutch adjustment, I just might have a faster tractor:D Thanks again

Kris The pulley assembly no. is #1674163 for all 4200 'G' tractors. The '12LTG and 4200G Parts Manual' says all 4200 'G' series tractors use this same pulley (8,10,11,12 HP engines) including the LTG 12HP, whatever tractor that is. The top pulley was the tough one, getting an angle to measure from. I kept thinking I should come up with a 3" pulley but, it always appeared as 3 1/4" . Also, these measurements were on my 4208G mfg. #1691027 which is in the 'G' catalogue. I'll measure the 4111 this afternoon for you and post those nos. My 4111 parts cat lists the pulley assembly as # 1657118 same pulley for 4108 and 4111 series, but a different no. than the 4200 series tractors. A

Yup, the pulley assemblies are different. 4208 1. frame bottom to lower edge of bottom pulley = 7" 2. the other measurements in previous post are same. 4111 1.frame bottom to lower edge of bottom pulley = 7 1/16" 2.top edge of upper pulley to lower edge of bottom pulley= 6 3/8" 3. Dia of lower PTO pulley = 4 3/4" 4.Dia. of upper engine pulley = 2 3/4" (Big diff here, noticably smaller) A

That's a big difference in size between the two. I think I might have to go to the Dealer:( for this pulley since they are so much difference. Thanks Andy for checking this out

Kris Was thinking about those pulley size differents, when I realized: 1. smaller engine pulley on the 4111 drives a 3-speed trans, top speed-3rd gear, listed as 4.5 mph @3400rpm. 2. larger engine pulley on 4208 drives a 5-speed trans, top speed-5th gear- 4.0 mph @3400rpm.