Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Need to make a decision.

pacodiablo

I have come to a point in my working on the MTD where I need to make a decision. There can really be no going back on this later. Should I part it out or not? I could go into debt buying tools to properly dismantle it, and as a result have a good running tractor and tools that could be used for future projects, or I can make a profit by refurbishing the parts and selling them individually on eBay or a web-site of my own. What do you guys think? Is the MTD worth the time and effort, or should I part it so I can make a profit (and maybe buy a Simp)?

Paco,I have found that some of these SPECIAL tools are more of a convenience type of thing and are'nt usually a must to have. I guess a lot of it has to do with any time factor that you may have and the benefit of later use that you may have for them. I let my son start with using standard tools to do a job and break him into the better tools later so he appreciates them more.....so far it's working pretty good.(if you have kids that want to get involved with tractors) otherwise,maybe sell the parts and use that money to buy part of your tools and part in the kitty to buy your tractor.........good luck