Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
BLT

700 Wonderboy

BLT
While driving around Milwaukee yesterday I stumbled across the above. I talked to the owner by phone and he gave me the what is all there. One tractor and one for parts (mostly complete) 32" & 42" mower deck Rear lift Rear PTO for rototiller Rototiller Sring type 42" snow blade 3 snowblowers, one good one two parts. If any one is interested PM me with your E-mail address and I will send some pics of the tractor and 32" mower. I was tempted myself to look at everything, but to be practical, I just don't have the room. I am just throwing it out for you and not trying to sell it for him. He said it was time for him to get a little more modern and went green. For all of the above he is asking $300.00 OBO

Dennis Merlau
I'm new and a bit lost on this site,I have a couple questions,what is older,I have a 700 and a 700wonderboy,then I just picked up a wonderboy II ,is the wonderboyII the little brother of the wonderboy 700,as in the same year.Thanks Dennis

Kent
The Wonderboy rear-engine riders are the oldest DESIGNs, being introduced in the mid-50's... BUT, these mowers continued until at least the late 60's or early 70's... So, it depends upon the specific mower. The Model 700 Wonderboy is the original front-engine garden tractor (the predecessor to the Landlord, Baron and Sovereign machines) and was built in 1959 - early 60 or so... They soon dropped the name Wonderboy from the front-engine tractors, since it was confusing everyone, and then just called them Model 700's... BTW, the "WonderBoy" name was the childhood nickname of the founder of Simplicity, Mr Niederkorn...

Dennis Merlau
The 700 wonderboy is first year only? correct, then the wonderboy II that I also have has the joystick ,soo is this then the same year rider as the 700 wonderboy,the wonderboy II has 990120-ser-20911,thanks Dennis

ka9bxg
Just so everyone knows the tractors are sold.I made the deal on Saturday.1 tractor is complete but has coil problem and the other is in parts.I will be picking them up on Tuesday.Thanks BLT for letting us know.Now a freind told me to come and pick up a few walker treactors 1 is a planet jr 1 is a red E and he is not sure what the other 1 is.Bob

Dadsy98
Here's a second chance for those who dilly-dallied on the wonder boy. I saw this in one of the Yahoo groups. I'm just relaying the info... Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 23:30:44 -0000 From: "Walter Whitfield" <wally_471@msn.com> Subject: Simplicity wonder boy 700 I just found a Simplicity wonder boy 700 that had beed running till it blow out the back tire last year. I may be parting it out soon, if interested in any parts let me know. The old owner put on some new belts and bought a new battery for it last year. wally_471@msn.com

Kent
Are you sure that's not a 990102 instead of 990120? If so, according to the link below it is a 1957 model. The second year of production, as far as I can tell. http://www.simpletractors.com/made_when/1957-1964.htm