Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

WIRING DIAGRAM

TOMT

I HAVE A 3210V WITH A "KEY" START. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHICH, IFANY, OF THE WIRING DIAGRAMS WOULD BE APPLICABLE TO THE 3210V. I'M LED TO BELIEVE THE A-C B-210 IS THE COMPARABLE MODEL. DO ALL THE "KEY" STARTS HAVE A SOLENOID?? THANKS, TOM

Regarding the electrical...I've found that all Allis tractors use a push button start, while all the Simplicity's I've seen use a key start with a solenoid. I have a B112 and really like the push button start....it feels more tractor like %')

Yes all Allis tractors have starter buttons and all Simps have keys, at least in the B series days. You need two different wiring diagrams for these tractors as the key starts all require a selenoid, you just can't pass starter voltage through a key switch. The Briggs repair manual has both wiring diagrams if you don't own a AC B Series Service Manual or a Simplicity Service Manual. Tim

I have a B-210 and it is fitted with a key start therefore not all Allis use push button. The solenoid is required to switch the high current from the battery to the starter/generator. Without the solenoid, you'd fry the starter ignition switch. If your 3210 is equipped with lights it will be slightly different from the AC B-210 schematic. The lights are powered from the ignition switch (terminal C) which feeds into the light switch and then to a 20 amp fuse and then to the lights. I have a Simplicity Repair Manual Large Frame Garden Tractors that covers Landlord, Sovereign, Baron, 7000 & 7100 models. The manual has a good section on the electrical systems for all the tractors. Just my $.02 worth.

Will have to revise that to all ACs prior to B-21X have starter buttons. It was inevitable that AC would go to key start. Tim