Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
simplicity707

'64 broadmoor troubles

simplicity707
Another question guys, I have a '64 Broadmoor that looks like it's been through everything and I mean everything[:0]. It's missing a few parts, original 6hp motor, gas tank, front tires, just to name a few. I just hate to see it rot away in the weeds:(!. Could someone give me a lot of advice to get this moving again? Since it sat for so long, the deck froze up on me. Please could someone just help me, it would be greatly appreciated:D! If someone could help me with advice, then Id save another lawn mower. thanx,,dave p.

Tom_Byrne
MY TWO CENTS: If it needs all the parts you list in your post, you may want to just part it out or keep it for parts. I'm not sure about your area but old Broadmoors are pretty cheap here in Jersey. To give you an example, I paid a total of $450.00 for three of them, one in good shape, the other two for parts, all run. Also got a rebuilt deck, snowblower and plow blade with them. Unless you can get the parts for next to nothing, the money you spend to fix it up may be better spent on another tractor, unless this particular one has sentimental value.